(Peaceforgers: Book One)
“A smart, fun, fierce tale of geek revolution and high-stakes adventure.”
-Ernest Cline, bestselling author of Ready Player One and Armada
In 2050, the world is a little denser, a little greyer, and a little more firmly under the corporate thumb. Wriggling carefully under that thumb, in their dimly lit flats, Katja and her friends have tended to walk the fine line between cyber criminals and cyber crusaders. For them, no physical reality compares to their lives built on lines of aggressive code.
But then somebody blows up the office where Katja is pretending to be a well-behaved wage slave and jolts them into the concrete and clouds of corporeal Seattle. Of brains infiltrated by a clandestine threat.
Can a handful of digital warriors win a war that stretches into the world on the flesh and blood side of their computer screens?
Your brain needs a firewall
The Radio Edit
For those who prefer their books without swearing.
More about the Radio Edit version of Peace Fire here.
Playlist (and a moodboard)
(And there are plenty more)
Hack the Playlist!
(A playlist Gran would have made if you’d told her that her granddaughter was going to be a hacker)
- Sound Clip (from Hackers): Hack the planet!
- The Cassandra Complex – Nice Work (If You Can Get It)
- Nitzer Ebb – Join in the Chant
- Welle:Erdball – Starfighter F-104G
- Sound Clip (Iggy Pop from Hardware): Good Morning Amerika
- Front 242 – Headhunter v1.0
- Front Line Assembly – Mindphaser (Single Mix)
- TheProdigy – Firestarter
- Eon – Fear: The Mind Killer (Altered Edit)
- Sound Clip (from Dune): It is by will alone I set my mind in motion
- Underworld – Cowgirl
- Varnish – Tied to my Chair
- Sigue Sigue Sputnik – 21st Century Boy
- Placebo – Infra-Red (Hotel Persona Remix)
- Sound Clip (from Max Headroom): This is the future: people translated as data.
- Orgy – Fiction (Dream in Digital)
- IAMX – Cold Red Light
- Tubeway Army – Are ‘Friends’ Electric?
- The Boomtown Rats – I Don’t Like Mondays
- Sound Clip (from Hardware): Everything. Is under. Control.
- Massive Attack – Future Proof
- Anne Clark – Sleeper in Metropolis
- Visage – Fade to Grey
- Shriekback – Faded Flowers
- Sound Clip (from Blade Runner): Roy’s “Tears in Rain” monologue
Only one of these tracks is mine. If you like what you hear, go buy the song or the film and own another piece of happiness.